Last Updated: April 1, 2014
How We Use Your Information
We may also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Service usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Service's content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Service and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Service.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletters, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe in the email. If you wish to no longer receive our newsletters you may update the settings in your account, follow the instructions located in the email, or you may contact us here
What Information Do We Collect?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Service without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you become a User, we require you to provide various contact and identity information, billing information, and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Service (which vary, depending on what kind of User you are), and you are no longer anonymous to us. Where possible, on these forms we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional.
In addition, as you use the Service, you can from time to time enter or send to us personal information. For example, if you are a Subscriber, you can enter your own billing information, and if you are a Client you can enter information about payment of any invoice submitted by a Subscriber. As you use the Service you can also from time to time enter personal information about third parties. For example, if you are a Subscriber, you can enter personal information about your Clients.
You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to become a User or by not using the particular feature of the Service for which the information is being collected.
If you are a Subscriber, we may collect your credit card information for billing purposes.
We also automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our Service. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Service or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Service or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. We may provide Clients' IP addresses to payment intermediaries in the course of the payment process.
Following your registration on the Service, you can review and change your information in your account area. If you disclose personal information in any posting in our forum or blog and wish to have it removed, please contact us at the support contact information listed below, and posted on the Service.
We also use Google, as a third party vendor, to serve HandsOn ads on other websites. Google uses what it calls a “DART cookie” to enable it to serve ads to users based on their visits to participating websites. As a result of our use of Google as a vendor and the use of DART cookies, the ads that you will be served on the internet may in some cases be based on your visit to our Service. You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google site here.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services:
- Subscribers and Clients, Etc. In the normal operation of the Service Subscriber invoices are disclosed to the applicable Clients, and Client information is disclosed to the applicable Subscriber. In general, information you enter on the Service is available to the other persons – whether they are Clients, Subscribers, staff members or others – to whom you give access to your account or to whom you give access to the information through the normal operation of the Service.
- Payment Information. We use credit card and other payment information (such as PayPal email addresses) you submit to us on the Service, and other information that we collect, as required, to process payments you make through the Service. We do not store credit card or other payment method information unless the Subscriber or their Clients choose to enter credit card information for use in the HandsOn payments process; in all other cases financial institutions (like PayPal) have the sole and complete responsibility for the storage of credit card and payment information.
- Anonymized Aggregated Data. We aggregate and anonymize sales information including (but not limited to) industry type, number of invoices sent, average invoice size, method of sending invoices, percentage paid online, sales amounts and average sale per customer, and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to Subscribers. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to identify you personally.
- Forum. If you post on our forum or blog your username and other information you include is displayed in your postings or comments, and is therefore available to the public. All of your activities in the public areas of the forum will be identifiable to your User ID, and other people can see your published content.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates; Service Providers. We may from time to time use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and unrelated service providers in the operation of the Service, and may disclose personal information to them in the course of our use of their services. For example, we may use the services of third-party hosting companies to host the operation of the Service. This may involve the hosting of data, including personal information, on servers operated by those hosting companies. We take care to use only service providers that we believe are reputable and able to live up to our and your expectations, including about the handling of confidential information.
- Legal Requests; Emergencies. HandsOn may disclose your personal information (a) to any governmental authority as part of an investigation to determine our compliance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation (including privacy laws, rules, and regulations), (b) in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful judicial or administrative proceeding, (c) as otherwise required under any applicable law, rule, or regulation, and (d) in good faith, to protect or defend the rights or property of HandsOn and other users.
Your Use of Other Persons’ Information
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. HandsOn stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us here <link to contact us page> to request that we remove this information from our database.
Other Information Collectors
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions, concerns or if you would like more detailed information, please contact us here
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, you may login into your account to make the changes, or you may contact us here
Additional Policy Information
Invitations: You have the opportunity to invite others to work with you through your HandsOn account. To do that, HandsOn asks you to import or to manually enter your contacts’ email addresses. As you direct, we then send them an invitation on your behalf or other notices reflecting changes you make to their status in your account.
If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will leave the HandsOn site and go to the site you selected. If you elect to use a third-party product or service in conjunction with HandsOn, you yourself enter into a license agreement with the third party for use of their product or service and their use of your data. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as HandsOn. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services. If you visit a third party website that is linked to a HandsOn site, you should read that site’s privacy statement before providing any personally identifiable information.
With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us here.
The complexity and connected nature of our system requires that a history exists in perpetuity to accommodate proper function and accounting for the other systems that you have connected to via billings or invoices. HandsOn cannot guarantee the deletion of all your information.
When a customer chooses to close an account we will remove your information from our marketing and billing systems. This will ensure that there are not further mailings or billings directed towards the canceled user.
As we continue to refine HandsOn we will establish a method for the complete removal of all user information from the system without breaking accepted accounting principles for other connected HandsOn accounts. This document will evolve as these new methods are defined and tested for permanent account deletion.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Service prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.